Monday, July 25, 2011

A nightmare for Norway

Last Friday, July 22nd of 2011, Norway was attacked twice. First, a bomb exploded in the city center of Oslo, second, the same man shot several people during a political youth camp out Oslo. Approximately, 90 people are dead.

I was in Copenhagen when I heard the news. No words can explain the shock, the grief, the fright, my heart and soul were filled with. I thought of my loved ones. Those who work close by the explosion. I thought about the innocent people who lost their lives to a mad man. Then I thought of what if I wasn't i Copenhagen. I could have been in the same area. I want to say I am blessed, although it sounds so wrong to say that. But I was sort of, none of my loved ones were hurt physically. I'm still in shock and I am not quite sure how to react to what has happened.

Today, thousands of people are meeting by the municipal with roses and we are all walking around the city in memory of the ones who are lost and hurt, and for the tragedy that has occurred. If you are in Oslo, meet up at 6 pm.

I wish I had things to share with you from Copenhagen. I had a nice time considering the situation, but I think I'll update it later when things get better.

Pray for Norway. Pray for Oslo. Pray for Utøya.

No comments:

Post a Comment